Sunday, June 12, 2016

Excerpt: Micah by Lee Ducote



MICAH
The Sword of Malachi
by Lee Ducote
Grave Distractions Publications
YA Fantasy
344 pages






When lacrosse star Micah Spearman moved to the quiet little town of Seven Springs, he never expected to become such a significant part of his lacrosse team, his group of friends, or of the battle raging just beyond human reach. With a gift to see into the spiritual dimension, Micah learns he is part of a prophecy and must lead an army of guardians against legions of demons, all while trying to live a normal teenage life.
Navigating through high school can be a daunting task. When Micah finds himself falling in love with his friend Stephanie, he must be careful not to disrupt their group of friends—or attract attention from the demons that watch his every move. But high school will not be the biggest survival challenge he faces. Micah and friends soon find their world expanding far beyond, as Micah discovers his true purpose.
As the battle rages to find the Sword of Malachi, the young freshman finds himself falling deeper into a world of unknowns. Can Micah find the sword before all is lost? Will Stephanie give into her feelings for Micah? In Micah, the Sword of Malachi, you too will fall under the charm and the mysteries of Seven Springs.


Also available from Grave Distractions:


EXCERPT

Chapter 1
Deep within a hellish cavern, six towering beings merged from the depths of its heated core and gathered at the opening. They were beautiful creatures with physically striking features and the physiques of warriors, clothed to resemble the upper crust of the society they would soon infiltrate. Their eyes glowed with a fierce ember red against the backdrop of a darkening sky.
“It’s time we avenge our brother and bring this Council to its knees,” one of them hissed.
“Your arrogance will be the death of you, just like our brother, Luceph!” another answered with a sinister laugh.
“Levia, as the Master has told us, we must stop the boy first! Then we will have our revenge.” That line of reasoning was offered by one of the beings sitting on the ledge of a boulder at the entrance to the cavern.
“Modeus, you think you’re better than us?” Levia snapped at him.
In a calm and compelling tone, he answered, “It’s not that I’m better than you. We have a mission to see out.” He stood atop the boulder, looking down at the rest of them. “This child, who is now of age, has been delivered to abolish each one of us . . . and our Master. The first thing we must do is—”
“Kill him!” one of them interrupted.
Shooting him a deathly stare, he snapped back, “To befriend him!”
“You know he is trained to see who we really are,” Levia answered with a snarl.
“Yes, but we must only look at his friends and pick one who wants something only we can offer. Once we have chosen someone to betray him, then we will have our revenge.”
“And what can we offer this friend?”
“We simply give something back that’s been taken from them.” Modeus smiled.
“And I know the perfect person. I’ll handle it,” Levia replied. And before any of the others could respond, Levia vanished, leaving a brush of wind behind.
“He’ll be the next to die!” Modeus rolled his eyes.




And here he is. . .
LEE DUCOTE!!!

To introduce myself, I was born and raised in Northwest Louisiana, just outside of Shreveport.  I graduated from high school in 1989 and went to Monroe Louisiana for college.  After my first year at NLU I decided (actually my parents did) I wasn’t ready for college, so I did what every 19 year old kid does….I moved to the Marshal Islands in the mid pacific.  After a few years I came home, meet my wife and settle down for a short bit.  I worked construction, opening my own sporting goods store, became a full-time fireman, opened a candle manufacturing company, and even rodeo for a short term.  Just not at the same time.  In 2003 we moved to Franklin TN were I sold fire trucks until 2010 and moved to Heber Springs AR.  Since here in the Ozark Mountains I have written six novels and currently working on my seventh, another YA novel.  So that’s me in a quick whirl wind.  And yes, if you check out my web site or social media you will see me with our pet raccoon, Tucker.


Grave Distractions Author Page: http://www.gravedistractions.com/lee-ducote.php




No comments: